Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 9 of the Challenge

Hello fabulous readers of mine. I bring you day nine of the 31 day challenge to bring you a bible verse about marriage.
Day 9 -
"Jacob made love to Rachel also, and his love for Rachel was greater than his love for Leah. And he worked for Laban another seven year."
-- Genesis 29:30
So today's verse is talking about the story of Jacob trying to work to marry Rachel, his one true love, when he went to marry Rachel her father tricked him into marrying Leah instead. He did eventually marry Rachel and she was his favorite. This made Leah feel really bad, but she turned to God and he made her feel worth much more. I know I have the problem of comparing myself to my husband's ex girlfriend, which is a bad habit to have, because I married him, I'm the winner! It is just hard to think that he loved someone before he loved me. A lot of people, men and women, struggle with this in their relationships. What has helped me is to look what you have around you, he or she is with you and you have it great, then pray to God to take the other feelings away that aren't of him. Enjoy each other not the ones that came before you, they don't matter now. Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment