Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 8 of the Challenge

Hello my amazing readers. Here is the wonderful day eight of my 31 days to give you bible verses about marriage.
Day 8 -
"Laban and Bethuel answered, "This is from the Lord; we can say nothing to you one way or the other. Here is Rebekah; take her and go, and let her become the wife of your master's son, as the Lord has directed.""
-- Genesis 24:50-51
These two verses are from when Abraham sent his servant to find a wife for Issac. He sent him away saying the only two requirement I have is that she has the same beliefs as Issac. So the servant, instead of using his own judgement to pick, prayed that God would show him the right wife for Issac. Rebekah agreed to marry Issac without ever meeting him, in today's culture we don't really have arranged marriages now, the closest we get is online dating. But even on online dating you can ask the person what their beliefs are. I believe it is a good foundation to have the same beliefs in a marriage. It makes your marriage stronger I think to build your foundation on Christ instead of just whatever. My husband and I were both believers when we got married so it did make things a lot easier when it came to deciding if we get married by a random person or a pastor. We were married in front of God, our friends and family, which I believe is a very strong foundation.
Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment