Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 17 of the Challenge

Hello my wonderful readers. Today is day seventeen of the 31 day challenge of bringing you a bible verse each day on marriage.
Day 17  -
"You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy."
--Exdodus 31:13
Today's verse is about honoring the Lord's Sabbath day. Most of us believe the Sabbath to be Sunday, which we all drag our butts out of bed and go worship the Lord with the other believers at our church. But what do you do with the rest of your Sunday. Do you continue your to-do list from Saturday or do you actually rest like the Lord intended the day to be?? Neither my husband or I work on Sundays so we get up and go to the first service at church and then we try to spend time together doing restful things. He loves football so we sit and relax and watch football, or we drive about 15 minutes and take a picnic out to the same place we took our engagement pictures and enjoy all God has made beautiful for us. I would recommend setting aside a Sabbath day and praising the Lord that day and just resting with your spouse, it will make the rest of your week or your week to come much more enjoyable. Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment