Sunday, October 27, 2013

Day 27 of the Challenge

Hello my wonderful readers! We are on day twenty-seven of the 31 day challenge to bring you a bible verse everyday on marriage.
Day 27 -
"Jezebel his wife said, "Is this how you act as king over Israel? Get up and eat! Cheer up. I'll get you the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite.""
--1 Kings 21:7
Today's verse is kind of continuing yesterday's verse about making decisions based on facts and feelings. Jezebel chose to misrepresent herself to the leaders of the town Jezreelite and have Naboth put to death because her husband wanted something and she was going to do anything to give it to him. Instead of her just saying "well we could just find another vineyard" she took it to extreme. I think we should do what we can to make our spouse happy and they should do the same for us but I don't believe in going to an extreme where you are going against your morals or better judgement in something. I personally make half my decisions based on feelings and half on facts, my husband is a facts man I think. I get so frustrated at times when he says all the facts and goes "see!" He insists I make the decision based on his facts not on my emotions, I always try to see it his way and my own and try to make a decision based on everything. I believe compromise is the best for marriage, that way usually everyone is happy. Loves!
p.s. only four more days left of the challenge :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment