Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wedding Blog #20 - Gifts For Parents and Bridal Party

Hello my amazing readers. The next few posts are probably going to be wedding related because we are getting really close to the big day! I decided to share with you the gifts we got for the people most important to us in the wedding. :-)
The first one here is a gift from me to my daddy, it a handkerchief, that makes me cry everytime I read it.  I love my daddy and he means so much to me. I found this on etsy.com!
The next gift is from me to my mom. Its a necklace with the infinity symbol and our birthstones hanging from it, our birthstones are May and September which is also the month that Aaron proposed to me and the month we are getting married. My mom is my best friend, growing up I didn't know that but I sure do now! I found this on etsy.com. 
This gift is for my mother in law to be. It is a necklace with a little pearl charm, that says "Thank you for raising the man of my dreams." I saw this and thought it was perfect because it is so true.  My mother in law to be was a single parent so she did raise the man I fell in love with. I found this on etsy.com.
This next one is actually the groomsmens gift. We decided that we would get our selves each what we were getting our bridal party, so we could match them too haha. This is a good stainless steel mug with their name each engraved on them beautifully, and not too bold because guys don't like that (that's what my fiance said haha). We got these from thingsremembered.com.
 
The next gift is the bridesmaids gift. This one is mine to match, just like Aaron got his mug above. They each have the first initial of each of my bridesmaids.  we got these from theknot.com.  
The picture next to it is how we packaged each gift, this is a bridesmaids gift, the groomsmen have red bags. Each has their initials stenciled on the orange tag and everything is tied up with twine to kind of tie into our country theme. 
This necklace was actually given to me by my mother in law to be, she has had this pendent for a long time and decided since it has an emerald (which is my birth stone) and that it is a celtic cross (which I am Scottish) that she would buy a new chain, have it shined up and engraved on the back and give it to me.  The engraving is K.A.T. 9.7.13, which is my new initials and our wedding date. I have worn it a lot since she gave it to me, I love it and it means a lot to me.
Well that is all I have for you in this post of wedding goodness, stay tuned for the rest of the wedding blogs, because the big day is coming up fast. Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment