Monday, August 12, 2013

Wedding Blog #17 - All the Other Little Details :-)

Hello my amazing readers. I hope all your days are going well. All the small details are coming together for the wedding so I thought I would share them all with you.
The first picture here is our cake topper. This was actually my parents cake topper when they were married in 1987. Their colors were a maroon and pink, that is why there is one pink flower still on the top there otherwise I took off all the other pink flowers and made orange ones to go on there to replace them, the maroon is pretty close to the cranberry so I left them. I love that it was my parents for their big day and now it is ours and maybe someday our child's. :-)
Next up is the gifts sign, this will hang where we want the gifts to go so everyone knows. I hate going to weddings where your not quite sure where to set your gift haha.
I also made a cards sign to go on this old wine box for all the people that only bring a card to put them all in.
The seating chart was the next little detail on my list. I found this burlap kind of pin board at home goods for about $20, which is a bargain for that size and we can always use it in our house afterwards. I had the scrapbook paper and some I bought 6 sheets for a dollar at Michael's (love the good deals). The burlap goes perfect with our country theme and it will stand on an easel at the entrance to the reception.  We went with the approach to assign people to a table but not an actual seat.
This is just a preview of what our picture table will most likely look like on the day of the wedding.  I just took all our favorite photos and arranged them on this poster board and framed a couple of them too.
We decided to have a very small cake to cut and cupcakes. The cake stand I am hoping to get for my shower but if not it is no big deal, I will buy it and it is plain white but here is the cupcake stand, we ordered it for pretty cheap and I glued the orange ribbon around the edge to give it a little something. Excuse the wedding mess in this room the photo was taken in haha.
This is our welcome sign for our wedding that will be standing right when the guests are walking into the venue. We found these doors in our garage when we cleaned it out almost a year ago, I think that my mother in law to be had them there for some reason but we thought they looked kind of country rustic so we just got window paint and wrote on them.
In addition to all these little details there is also going to be a big mason jar with papers so people can give us whatever advice they want for our new lives together. Well until the next post. Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment