Monday, August 19, 2013

My One and Only

Hello my amazing readers!! I thought I would do a post today about something different since everything has been wedding this and wedding that.  Today's post is going to be about my one and only adorable.......niece, Sophia.  I bet you thought I was going to do a post on Aaron haha got ya! :-) My niece is my only sibling's child, my little brother Ian and his girlfriend Cindy's. Sophia is 9 months old just this past Friday the 16th.  I remember the day she was born, me and Aaron were in bed just waking up and my mom called me and said Cindy just went to the hospital in labor. Well we live an hour away from them, so we got dressed as fast as we could and got there in a little less than an hour ( I think the adrenaline made us go faster than we should have been going haha ). I had never been at the hospital to see a baby born before, so Sophia was my first.  We got to the hospital about 11 am on November 16, 2012 and Sophia was born via cesarean at 4:14 pm. It is an understatement to say it was a very long day! But it was amazing to hold her when she was just a few hours old, one of the most amazing feelings I have ever experienced.  Aaron got to be there also for the whole thing, so he felt very honored to be there from the beginning and be one the first to hold her and is truly her uncle. I don't know if she will be my only niece ever or if someday there will be others but until then Sophia holds a special place in my heart as my first niece and first experience with child birth in anyway and I find that so special. 
                                                  
This is her first real picture all bundled up :-) 
           
This is my brother Ian feeding her for one of the first times, he looks a little scared but he got the hang of it really fast.
This is me and Aaron holding her for the first time, hours after she was born.
This is just a cute random one I took one day while Aaron was holding her.
 This one of me and her and the one below with her and Aaron are on my birthday. She turned 6 months old on that day.

 This was her first Scottish games. 
 She does have a little sassy side, you can tell just by looking at that face :-)
 She loves her Uncle Aaron

Well I for sure love this last one that was taken about 3 weeks ago, she just fell asleep with me holding her it was so great! Loves until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment