Friday, January 16, 2015

Love Dare - Day 3

Hello my faithful readers. We are on day 3 of the awesome Love Dare devotional. Today's verse that goes with the dare is one of my favorites 1 Corinthians 13:13 
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
The greatest thing in life and especially your marriage is love! The strongest thing in your marriage is the love you have for God first then your spouse. The book says "marriage hinges on love" that is an awesome way to look at it. Today is tells about how if you striped your marriage down all that would remain is love, and that would be all you would need to rebuild your marriage. Love can help you to forgive your spouse for anything they have done wrong to you, with God's help of course. Love can just heal, even the worst marriages. I believe this! When I was just engaged to my husband, him, my mother in law and me got into a huge fight about something that wasn't even worth fighting over, it took all the love I had for him to keep going with the engagement and eventually marry him. Love is still healing that wound I got from that huge fight and it will continue to heal it every day it will get better. Love is the great healer when done under God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment