Friday, January 30, 2015

Love Dare - Day 17

Hello my wonderful readers. Today is day 17 of the Love Dare devotion and I love these couple on families because I was so blessed by God for him to bring me such a wonderful man and bless me with such a beautiful little girl. Today's scripture is Ruth 4:11-13, talk about a woman who was devoted and loved her husband's family more than anyone, amazing woman of God.  Today's devotion is a tuff one for me I'll admit, it's about loving your spouse's family. Now I have always been respectful and nice to my husband's family, I have never said anything rude to any of them even though sometimes they have to me. Marriage is a bridge to a new family and an opportunity to practice your Christian love. Love says you need to seek support and share life with your new family since they are apart of your spouse. I have a bad habit of letting little comments people make bother me, so when we leave a family gathering with my husband's family it's nothing but negative things out of my mouth as soon as we get in the car about so and so said this to me and so and so did this to me, it's a really bad habit to take it all out on my husband. I need to pray to be a better person in this aspect and not just start right in on his family as soon as we pull away from the gathering that he has had a nice time at, I need to learn to let it go and love and forgive as the Bible tells us to do of others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment