Thursday, January 15, 2015

Love Dare - Day 2

Hello my faithful readers. It's Day 2! Off to a good start by doing more than one day haha. Today's devotion really focused on 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. It asks you to read those verses but replace "love" or "it" with your first name, then pray to God to make it a reality. If you don't know the verses here they are:
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." NIV
I love these verses and always have. I did what it asked and every word I said I felt like I wanted it to be true. I want to be all those things to my husband, daughter and others. I want to love like that, with all those qualities. I know there are a couple more than others that I need some serious work on like: being not easy to anger and keeping no record of wrongs. That is the number one thing I think that I have a problem with in my marriage is keeping a record of wrongs Aaron has done, even down to forgetting something at the store. I believe that is one of the worst habits you can have and I want to strive to break it! Also in today's study it asks "What would Love drive you to do in your marriage?" I had to think hard about this one, Love would drive me to not point out every wrong first and foremost. Love would drive me to not have such a bad attitude when Aaron doesn't do something my way. Love would drive me to not be so selfish. Love would drive me to encourage Aaron more. Love would drive me to be more patient. Love would drive me to love myself more. Love would drive me to love Aaron more. And ultimately Love would drive me to love God more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment