Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Love Dare - Day 1

Hello my faithful readers. I know you have all heard of the Love Dare and have all seen the movie Fireproof (if you haven't seen it, you should, it's one of my favorites!) but I decided to do the Love Dare devotional and I thought I might share my experience with you as I go along. I don't know if it will be a once a day share or a once a week share, we will see what I time I get with my 2 month old.
Day 1
I did day one before I went to bed and I do think the morning would be a better time to do this sort of thing, like start your day with it instead of ending it with it. The dare was to ask the Lord to teach me what real love is and to make me a loving person. I feel like becoming a mother recently the Lord has taught me a lot of what real love is and made me a loving person to my daughter, but I know I need to be a more loving person to my husband first and foremost and to other people. The Lord says to love thy neighbor like you love yourself (Mark 12:31). I always have such a hard time with this one in general because I am not easy to forgive people for things they do to me. For example: we moved about a year ago (10 months ago) only 2 hours away from our friends and family and no has really come to visit besides our parents and one friend came one time after our baby was born. Me and my husband have struggled with this fact that none of our other "friends" have come to visit us when we have driven miles and miles to weddings, bridal showers, baby showers, house warmings, etc. for them. I feel this is something that the Lord has brought up recently to teach me to be a more loving person by continuing to go to things and not to some things but not hold it against the person in love if they don't come to visit us. That is what I have taken away from Day 1 and I will continue to pray about it and learn so much more hopefully about being a loving person and what real love is.

No comments:

Post a Comment