Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Friends....Question or Statement??

Hello readers! I hope you are all just fabulous! I on the other hand have been in kind of depression. I moved about 60 miles from my hometown about 8 months ago and I have participated in church things and also work at a place that is filled with younger people my age ....and yet I have yet to make one friend. It's not like I haven't tried. My friends from back home said when I moved that they would come visit or meet me half way and we would hang out a lot. Well only two friends have met me half way, once each.  There is only one friend that I really talk to, the rest don't answer messages or anything. I'm just kind of tired of being alone and it is really starting to depress me big time! I have five bridesmaids in my upcoming wedding and none of these girls are the one that I talk to most of the time, is that bad? Can I really call them friends? I'm just so confused on what the meaning of the word "friend" is suppose to be I guess. Three of those girls are family so I guess they aren't obligated to talk to me but what about the other two that are suppose to be my "friends"? I have no idea where to go around here to find people our age, I feel like I just started school again for the first time, but then I think that was so much easier.  In kindergarten you just say "Hey, want to be my friend?" and they say "yes" and then you are friends and in a small town like the one I'm from you are friends until you graduate from high school. You go to college and you are put in the dorms to share a room with someone and that person becomes your first friend and you join clubs and meet people so easy.  But what happens when you graduate and you move away? How do you go about making friends? How do you go about keeping yourself busy when nothing is going on in your little subdivision? I'm just so depressed without someone to talk to and don't know how to go about making friends that aren't my fiance or mother-in-law to be.  I love my fiance, Aaron, and he is my very best friend but sometimes you need a girl to talk to, and I love my mother-in-law to be but she is just that, my mother-in-law to be. I call my mom a lot but again she is my mom, not a woman in my position in life, not my age. I just don't know what to do anymore, I can't afford to drive to my hometown every time I'm feeling like I need to hang out with someone. At what point do I say "Are you my friend or just someone I know?" to the people that said they would come visit or meet halfway and don't??? I don't know what to do in this case of my "friends."  Are they friends or what you call acquaintances?

1 comment:

  1. Hope things start looking up for you it always is a challenge finding yourself when moving to a new place and making new friends! Hopefully things start looking up I went through the same thing when I moved but I just started talking to everyone and things lightened up:) Best wishes Be sure to check out my blog for snippets of inspiration maybe we can follow each other:)


    http://allinasoiree.blogspot.com
    Sparkles of everything design and events!

    ReplyDelete