Saturday, April 6, 2013

Wedding Blog #2 - Caterer

So it's been awhile since I blogged :-( But the next thing on the journey to getting married that we did was to find a caterer.  I had attended a bridal fair right after i got engaged with my mom and maid of honor (my cousin), while at this bridal fair I got to taste this one caterer's food, it was amazing so she was my first choice.  We didn't really look around, partly because there wasn't many places to look at for catering in the area we were getting married and because i couldn't get how good her catering was out of my head.  So we decided on L&M Blodgett Catering, Merri was very nice and kind of gave us some tips on how to pick our other vendors as well.  So we decided on buffet style service and we are having skirt steak, red potatoes, fruit salad, green salad, bread and butter.  For beverages she will provide water, lemonade and coffee and we have an amazing friend that will act as bartender for our bar that will serve wine and beer.  I wanted something simple and classic and i think we nailed it. It was also all at a very reasonable price.
We are having square tables that seat 8 with basic white wooden country like chairs, white linen table cloths with cranberry colored napkins. Our dinner plates, which we just got from a local rental company, are going to be basic white china with clear basic water goblets.  One of the plus' of having Merri as our caterer is she provides all the silverware for all the guests in her price, which is great! one less thing to worry about getting back to the rental company.  
Our centerpieces are going to be very simple.  I ordered some very nice silk flower bouquets, that happen to be in our colors exactly, they will go on each table in a pint size mason jar with red gems in them and a fake candle tea light (since we can't have real candles at the venue). Each table will be numbered with a year starting with 1985 when Aaron was born.  Each table marker will have the year and a picture of me and a picture of Aaron in that year. I thought that would be something fun for people to look at on the table. I decided to assign people to a table but not assign them to a specific seat, that way they have a little freedom and its not so stuffy.
I think that is just about it for the tables, centerpieces and food. Besides cake because we haven't figured that out yet. 
Thanks for reading about our journey to the married life!

No comments:

Post a Comment