Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Wedding Blog #7 - A Few of the Little Things

Hello readers :) I thought the next stop on the journey was to kind of pick up on all the little things that matter but aren't really enough to do a blog post on haha.
The first thing is very important: Hair and Makeup :) I am getting my hair done by Stephanie Taylor, she can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/tayloredhairfashionsew. She does great work and has done a friend of mines hair for a few years and has done a great job. I am most likely going to get an up-do of some sort but I am still thinking it over. Plus she is doing all my bridesmaids, mom and mother-in-law to be's hair, and since there is so many of us she gave us a good price, which is even better!
I am doing my makeup myself because I whenever you have someone professional do your makeup they put way too much on and I wanted light weight and natural looking makeup.
Security  is the next thing on the list of little but important things. The venue required us to have two security guards so CrimeTek Security is who we chose for a good price. They have been very nice to us as well and I am happy so far with their service.
Our officiate is the next little but very important thing. Pastor Kimothy Bankston is going to be the man to marry us on our big day! He is from a little church in Sonora. Aaron is actually the one who got him because he knew Aaron's grandparents very well, so I am happy to have him as such a big part of our ceremony.
The next little but I think also very important thing is the unity candle. Now I was going to buy a set that was all beautiful but they were so very expensive. So I got the stand at Michael's for about $25 and then bought some cheap, non-scented, white candles and rhinestones.  So it was cheaper and I got to design our unity candle, which means it is one of a kind! :) Here's a little peak below :)

So one of the things that Aaron has kind of teased me about a little is my "bridal binder." Now any of you that know me for real know that I am so type A personality, everything is always organized especially when it comes to receipts and orders and what not.  So I have all my contracts and pages to write each payment on and everything is separated my vendor.  I LOVE the organization! :)

One of the most important things (Aaron thinks hahahaha) is the open bar. My dad's friend has agreed to be our wonderful bartender so I am excited because he is such a nice guy (another way saving money$).  We are having one white and one red wine and most likely one beer.  My dad has been put in charge of this element of the wedding so I kind of just left it up to him.
And last but not least the most important little detail i can think of is the marriage license! We will officially be married in the County of Merced, so we have to drive quite a ways to get our marriage license from where we live and it is actually about 30 mins from where we are getting married because we are getting married pretty much on the county line between Merced and Stanislaus counties. We have to do this in about June / July. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment