Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wednesday Recipe - Potato Skins

Hello my hungry readers! So I found a pretty good recipe for potato skins so I thought I would share it with you. This is one of my husbands favorite things to eat. 
Ingredients: you can really use as many potatoes as you want, I used 5
grated cheddar cheese
4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped up
1/4 of melted butter
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. After watching each potato cover them in canola oil and a little salt, and place on a baking sheet
3. Cook for 40 minutes
4. Cut each potato in half and scoop out the insides (I used mine to make mashed potatoes another night :-))
5. Brush the scooped out insides with melted butter
6. Bake for another 3-4 minutes until crispy
7. Fill each half with cheese and bacon pieces and any other toppings you like
8. Bake for another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Enjoy the deliciousness. These are good for appetizers, we had ours on New Year's Eve later in the night as a snack. Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment