Friday, June 7, 2013

Modesto Highland Games and Much, Much More!!!

Hello my readers.....so it has taken me almost a week to recover from this last weekend. Aaron, Me and Charlie all went to Modesto, where I am originally from, to go to what seemed like a million things.  We went Friday night after we both got off work and saw my parents because they left for South Korea on Saturday morning to see my cousin graduate high school. Then on Saturday, after staying the night on a full size bed when we are used to a queen lol, we woke up early to go help my grandparents out at the Modesto Scottish Highland Games, which they help start about 30 years ago.  I helped out where I could and Aaron helped keep the beer booth going, almost drinking as much as he sold haha. Here are some pictures from the games:
 This is my fiance, Aaron and our niece, Sophia....it was her first Scottish games :)
 This is looking down what we call Clan Row.
 This is my brother, Ian, just resting waiting for someone to say they need help with something.
Saturday I was invited, besides helping at the games, to a bridal shower of one of Aaron's cousins that is getting married in July (Aaron has two cousins that are getting married this year, besides us and we each have one getting married next year, something in the water haha). I was also invited to a graduation party for a good friend, that is also in my wedding.  So being the crazy person I am, I appeared at all three :) I started out helping get the games set up then left, went to the bridal shower, which was wonderful and had lots of fun. Here I am with one of  Aaron's cousins, not the one getting married, but she is in our wedding and is fabulous!
Then after the bridal shower I rushed over to the grad party and ran in, gave her a huge hug and card and ran out and back to the games just in time to help clean everything up and drag my very happy fiance back home to go to bed.
But that was not all for the weekend, Sunday morning we went to a celebration at the church I grew up in, it was nice to see people and get to introduce my fiance to them. After church Aaron went and rested himself a little more from the day before while I went and to do a trial run of my wedding day hair with one of my good friends that is also getting married in July.  There is a blog post up with the pictures of that.  
When that was done we got in the car with all of our stuff and dog 

and went and picked up Aaron's mom, and went home, and I swear I think I went right to bed I was so tired!! But I am glad I got to show my face at everything and everyone was happy :-)
Until next time, Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment