Thursday, June 13, 2013

Facebook Friends?

Hello my wonderful readers!! So for the past two days I have been "blessed" with being able to drive two hours in bay area traffic to go to jury duty! It blows! But anyways that's just a little thing about what I have been doing the past couple days. I decided to do a post about Facebook friends. A lot of people think because they met someone once in their life that, that makes them friends. I don't really believe this. I don't believe if you meet someone once, that you most likely will never see again or maybe see them once in the  next five years, you should add them on Facebook.  Facebook, at least mine, is where I post how I am feeling for the day or what is happening in my life, I know that that person I met for 5 mins could care less about any of that.  What I did recently with my Facebook friends was go through and if they haven't talk to me in the past year on any social media or the phone or seen me then I deleted them. Yes, this could be hard but how much do they really care if they haven't made any contact with you in the past year.  I, of course, kept all family on because that is how they keep up with me and Aaron from all over the state and country and some out of country, especially with wedding stuff. There is a great feature on Facebook where you can "Hide" the person so if they are posting really annoying things but you don't want to delete them, this is some of mine and Aaron's family haha, you don't have to de-friend them but you don't have to look at all their stuff either, win win. I got rid of half my friends on there because they have shown no interest in me or anything I am doing in the past year, which I think is a good time line. There are some that I was iffy about so I thought really hard and kept some but got rid of the others.  Also to go with this, my rule is if they add me back right away then I add them because I take that is they actually noticed I was missing from their hundreds of friends haha. I know this might make me sound a little harsh but there is no need to have people seeing everything your doing if they don't even care about it. Well back to jury duty for the afternoon. Loves until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment