Thursday, March 10, 2016

Book Review

Hello my wonderful readers! I don't think I have ever done a book review. I have not had a whole lot of time to read books in the last 16 months being a new first time mom haha. I did manage to receive a couple books for Christmas and I have read one of them. The Glam Guide by Fleur De Force, a YouTube beauty guru. I have watched her YouTube channel for a few years now and just love her taste in everything so when I received her book for Christmas I was pretty excited to read it. First of all the book itself inside and out is beautiful!! The illustrations and photography is just amazing. The book is an easy read, I read it in about 3 days, that is with toddler distractions. It is broken up into seven sections: beauty, hair, fashion, travel, health and fitness, life, love, dreams and everything in between, and YouTube and blogging. All the sections kept my attention. The beauty section is what I was most excited about and it didn't disappoint! She talked about everything: from the color wheel, what each makeup brush is for, how to apply and what is best for your skin from foundation to lipstick, nails, skincare (including some diy masks), she does 10 quick tips at the end of the chapter that are awesome. In the hair section she does some awesome hair styles that I have toyed about with that are cute, diy hair masks, she talks about coloring your hair and how to take care of it, growing your hair, and 10 quick tips at the end (again amazing). I absolutely loved the fashion section! She talks about the essentials you should have in your wardrobe, how to find your style, picking a pair of jeans, accessorizing, how to choose the perfect shoes, how to look good in a pictures, what fits your shape (very important!), and my favorite, Handbags!! Her travel section was wonderful and I will use some tips about beauty and fashion while flying and traveling next time we go somewhere. The health and fitness section was a good read about which foods are good for your skin and other parts of your body. She has some smoothie recipes and quick breakfast and lunch recipes in there also, along with some workout tips. In the chapter Life, Love, Dreams and Everything in Between she talks about self confidence, body image, setting goals for yourself, first date tips and how to make relationships last. I found that chapter one of the most interesting to me because I have struggled with body image pretty much my whole life. The last chapter is on YouTube and blogging, which was a good read for me as well. She talks about the equipment she uses, and how she grew her channel and blog. Overall this book was wonderful and I really want to read it over and over again and practice what is in it, and try all the recipes and hair styles in it. I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone into any of these topics at all!! You can buy it on Amazon for a good price. I can't wait to read her next book coming out sometime in the next year called, The Luxe Life. Hope you enjoyed this review!

No comments:

Post a Comment