Monday, December 18, 2017

Twins Birthday Party Decor

Hello my wonderful readers! We had so much fun at the twins first birthday, pictures of them will be in another post. Today I'm going to share the decor of the party with you. Aaron and I talked after Penelope's first birthday that with all of our kids we would have a bigger 1st birthday and I would go all out with decorations but birthdays 2-4 will be very close family only and just a couple store bought decorations. The twins first birthday I wanted to be just as grand as I did for Penelope's first because I didn't want them to look back and think we skimped just because they weren't the first kid. So their birthday was Winter ONE-derland! I had to come up with a gender neutral kind of theme since they are a boy and girl and in December this would be perfect to do I thought. I made pretty much everything, we did recycle some stuff from Penelope's Frozen birthday and also from Penelope's first birthday that was Paddington Bear. The colors I chose were black, white, blue and red.
I did an invitation that said, "Waddle on over for some fun, our little penguins are turning ONE! join us for Andrew and Juliet's Winter ONE-derland"
I took the same penguins that I drew for the invite and drew them bigger and put them in the front window to greet everyone that came to the door.
We decided we wanted to do something warm and easy for food so a chili bar was what we came up with, with chips and dip and veggies. We had some toppings to go on the chili also.
We also did a small hot chocolate bar with lots of toppings.
 
We also did a bunch of pictures on the board from the last year of them.
I really wanted to do something individual for them so I did their 12 months of pictures separate and made them each a banner.

The Happy 1st Birthday banner is actually a recycle of from Penelope's 1st birthday.
I made a couple simple high chair banners that I think turned out wonderful so they could eat their cake and not a big deal if they get messed up.
I also made the canvas guest book like I did for Penelope's first birthday so they can each have one.
I put together a little kids table for them to eat and not have to worry about them messing up the carpet. 
 The party favors were a cups worth of hot chocolate mix with a handful of mini marshmellows and the tag says "Thanks for making my birthday so ONE-derful"
 I made two small funfetti cakes and cupcakes with vanilla frosting and blue sprinkles.  

 At the last minute I put together this paper snowflake decoration with cotton balls and some string, we might keep it for our Christmas decor if it lasts. 
Hope you enjoyed this look at the decor for the twins first birthday winter ONE-derland. I still can't believe they are one! Lots of love to you and yours.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley!! It was def a work with what we had party decor for this party, which turned out just fine by me :-)

      Delete