Sunday, October 26, 2014

Bouncing Baby #21 - Weeks 37 & 38

Hello my wonderful readers! Week 37 has started out pretty darn good. I am feeling good besides the fatigue I have fought all pregnancy. I woke up Tuesday and felt like I could breathe a little easier and a little pressure in my pelvis so I think she has dropped just a little. Also Tuesday was Moms group at church and we had a wonderful speaker talk on how to teach and show your children the Bible, it was wonderful, I took lots of notes. I got all the rest of the stuff needed for the hospital and our bags are packed and ready to go when Penelope decides she wants to come. Aaron put the car seat in the car Wednesday and I got all the things for the doggy ready for my dad to come when we are at the hospital. This week we also went shopping for the rest of the stuff we thought we needed off our registries, which was relieving to do (keep your eyes peeled for that post). I feel like we are prepared now with all that we need. We ended the week with a nice little lunch baby shower thrown for us by Aaron's work, they are awesome! Below is me at 37 weeks, Full Term!!!
Week 38 started out with my list of things I wanted to deep clean each day to get ready for Penelope to come, everyone calls it nesting, list started with deep cleaning the kitchen, bathroom and spot cleaning the carpet and everything in between.  Also I am very into scrapbooking so I was able to finish all the pages I wanted to get done before she comes including our wedding, it is always a relaxing activity for me. (maybe down the road I can do a post with some of my scrapbook pages I've done) We put the bags and anything else besides the last minute things in the car so they are ready when she is. Tuesday was a busy but wonderful day. Started out with my last time going to Moms group until after the first of year because I'm not going to the second session due to baby coming. We had a wonderful craft where I made a little something to keep track of feedings for Penelope. After the group I went and got myself a pedicure and haircut, it was relaxing and felt good to do something for myself, even though a lot of the time I do feel guilty doing stuff for myself. Below is my purple toenails and my new haircut (back to bangs and just short enough to still fit in a pony tail), don't mind my swollen feet haha. 
After the pedicure and haircut, Aaron came home from work and we went to the doctor for our routine visit for 38 weeks. My blood pressure is wonderful just like it has been this whole time, Penelope's heart rate is good also, just like it has been and for the important part, she is head down! And I am dilated 1 cm and 60% effaced. It's very exciting to know she is on her way already coming out. The rest of the week is just finishing my list of nesting and resting and waiting for her arrival. Hope your just as excited for her to come as we are. Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment