Friday, October 17, 2014

Bouncing Baby #19 - What's in my Hospital Bag.

Hello my wonderful readers! About week 34 I started getting everything together for my hospital bag at week 37 I think I had everything I needed finally in my bag. I have read so many different lists from a million different people, it seems like, on what they brought to the hospital so this is the list I have come up with for me, baby and daddy to be. Warning! There are some feminine products so if you have issues with seeing them you should turn away now. :-) 
For me I packed:
Sanitary pads X-long X-super X-huge haha, flip flops, slippers with the rubber soles, a couple plastic bags for any wet clothes I wear to the hospital, two pairs socks with non skid bottoms, notebook and 2 pens, copies of birth plan, copies of infant feeding plan, and the exercises from our birth class, disposable and washable breast pads, a bath towel, a pair of leggings and a pair of sweats (both dark colors in case any leakage), two short sleeve t-shirts (both are V-neck for easier nursing hopefully), a robe ($10 score off Target clearance rack), 2 nursing bras, and 5 pairs of cotton granny panties. There are two things I am debating still on bringing that are not pictured, half the lists I have read say yes to them and half say not to worry about them so I am thinking on the breast pump and nursing pillow. 
 All goes into the bag below that I got from Target in August of 2013 for my honeymoon. Also in the same bag will go all the baby stuff. Also my toiletries bag will fit inside too (Forever 21 purchase also August 2013 for honeymoon). 
 Toiletries: Jergen's healing lotion, HPA Lanolin, face wipes, mini Tupperware has prenatal vitamins and tums inside, EOS mint lip balm, Vaseline ultra healing for lips, puff ball for shower, headbands, hair ties, bobby pins, hair brush, mini mirror, comb, hand sanitizer, bottle with Tylenol in it for hubby, toothbrush in holder, toothpaste, hair spray, body spray (Bath and Body Works Country Chic), contact lens solution, body wash, deodorant, shampoo, mascara, concealer, contact case, extra contacts, hemorrhoid cream.
 For baby Penelope: a 6 pack of wipes, 2 newborn diapers, diaper cream, receiving blanket, hat, socks, mittens, her coming home outfit, and the little first aid kit for her.  There will also be a blanket in the bag for her but we are still seeing the weather right now and which one we want to bring. 

Daddy to be: Underwear, socks, sweats, pj bottoms, sweatshirt, 2 t-shirts, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, deodorant, razor, and a blanket. 

 Above is the car seat all set to go into the car in the next couple days (will be installed by the time you read this ;-)). Below is a couple towels for my seat on the way to the hospital in case I am leaking anything and a trash bag to put them in, also the seat protector that will go under the car seat. 
 Extras: Camera, in the Tupperware is extra batteries, gum, change and cash, also not pictured will be a magazine for my husband, snacks and a phone charger.
There will be a handful of things we grab at the last minute because we will be using them until then: My glasses, two pillows with dark colored pillow cases on them (so not to get them mixed up with the white ones from the hospital), birth ball (this will be in the car already), my wallet with my ID and Insurance card in it, and the extra key to our place to give my dad so he can come take Charlie (our fur baby) out and keep him fed, depending on how long we are in the hospital. 
Hope you enjoyed seeing what we are taking, it is all getting very real to us now that we are packed and waiting for go time. Loves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment