Thursday, January 28, 2016

Goals for 2016

Hello my wonderful readers. I pretty much hate the word resolutions. I hate every year making new year's resolutions then disappointing myself by the first of February. So I decided this year to call them goals and actually make it a point to start on them around the end of December. I have decided to share those goals with you today since I have done decent on them so far and it's almost the end of January. 
1. Take care of my skin better. I have never really been one to take care of skin except when special events were coming up like prom, my wedding, etc. But I really thought I am turning 27 this year and I need to start so that way down the road I don't look like I'm 70 when I'm actually 40. Skin care post to come. 
2. Have a better attitude about myself in general. Now this is a tough one and I am working on it with baby steps. I feel like when I start having a better attitude about myself then I will start to be a better wife and mother and my daughter can also see that in the future and think good about herself. 
3. Eat better. This is on my list every year and it's the hardest to stick with. Now I will be honest I have been off and on with this one since new year's and it's hard when not everyone in your house is doing the same thing. I'm not blaming my husband but it's the treats and dinners that is hard and those are my meals that are with him haha. I did really good for a couple weeks with my snacks during the day and my breakfast and lunches. I had more energy with it too which was wonderful with my now walking 15 month old. I am going to try this next week to get back on track. 
4. Walk at least once a week. I have been walking every Friday since mid December with a walking club for moms with strollers. I have met some awesome women that aren't all super skinny and fit they are normal women who have children which is wonderful. 
5. Read my Bible more. This is another one I put every year and have been getting better at every year but not great. This year though my Bible study group started the new year with a good study about David and it's very much about looking up verses all over the Bible and reading them so I am starting out already reading more than normal. 
I would love to hear what your goals for 2016 are! Love brings happiness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment