Thursday, January 21, 2016

Cloth Diaper Routine

Hello my wonderful readers. Here is my cloth diaper wash routine I said was coming in my previous post. Like I said in that post I do cloth wash every third day as we have three days worth of diapers. So I put two days worth of diapers and the large wet bag in the wash while we use the third days worth of diapers and the small wet bag. I use Up & Up Free and Clear laundry soap on all my laundry. Every washer is different so I would do some research as to what is best for your washer. We live in an apartment like I have mentioned before and have a stack-able washer and dryer, non-HE top loader washer and front loader dryer, pretty small. First I set my washing machine on cold water, light cycle and medium load size and put in a half cup of laundry soap (using the cup it comes with). I let the water fill up about a quarter of the way in the washer then add my diapers. Now a lot of people let all the inserts for their pockets agitate out of the diaper in the wash, my washer isn't good enough to do that so I pull all the inserts out and toss the shell and insert in the wash. With velcro covers and diapers you need to make sure the velcro on the tabs is fastened to itself before tossing them in the wash. After all the diapers are submerged I toss the wet bag on top and let the cycle run. After the cycle is done I set my washer to heavy cycle, hot water and still medium load and add one whole cup of soap. This is for my two days worth of diapers that fills my washer up. For my one day worth of diapers I would just set both cycles to small instead of medium and put a little less soap in each load. I put everything that doesn't have PUL on it in the dryer, this means all inserts not connected to shells and fitteds (not covers) go in the dryer. The rest, since it has been raining here a lot, get hung in my bath room to dry along with the wet bag. Now I hope to sun my diapers when the spring comes around outside on our patio, but we shall see what happens. I try to wash my diapers when we first get up in the morning so they have a good amount of time to dry, most take until the next morning and ready to use again, my all in ones take a little extra time, so does my wet bag. Hope this was helpful for some of your cloth mamas. 
Hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment