Thursday, March 12, 2015

Bouncing Baby - 4 Month Update

Hello my beautiful readers. I can't believe it but my baby girl is 4 months old! It's amazing how time flies by. We went on February 27th to the doctor for Penelope's 4 month check up. She got her second set of shots and didn't cry for too long after and had no fever, she did really good. It was harder on me than her I think. She is doing good, in the 31st percentile for her weight and the 85th for her height, overall she is in the 50th percentile which is great! She is really strong. She can just about roll over to her tummy from her back, she can however roll from her tummy to her back very easy. She can hold her head up all the way when on her tummy and scoot herself a little across her play mat so I think crawling is in our very near future. She tried rice cereal in her bed time bottle for the first time two weeks ago and did really good with it, it's not helping her sleep anymore during the night but I think she likes it. We also tried it last night with a spoon from a bowl and she was not having that so maybe we will try that again later. She wakes up around midnight and then around 3am-4am on a good night. She is pretty good during the day and around 4pm she starts fussing until about 6:15pm, we don't know why and the doctor says some babies just do that with no reason. But overall she is just getting so big so fast and cute as ever.
As for me, I have been feeling ok, a little lonely at times when everyone you talk to all day can't talk back haha. I started going back to my moms group at church and had to put Penelope in the nursery for the first time. It was the first time someone else besides me or Aaron have had her alone. I was a bit nervous to leave her but felt better for future times since she was so good. I am for the most part now getting to brush my teeth and hair everyday so that's good. Me and Aaron are getting to have some alone time recently too which is good for us and our marriage. 
Hope you enjoy our little one as much as we have. Lots of love until the 6 month update. 

No comments:

Post a Comment