Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Halloween 2016

Hello my wonderful readers. Halloween 2016 was the year for dressing in a costume with a family theme. I wanted to think of something for all of us to participate in since it was the first time we took Penelope trick or treating. Also I was looking for something easy to DIY and that can be reused for another time. 
We decided on Aaron being Cat in the Hat with black sweats he already had, a new black sweatshirt we got really cheap at Target maybe $8 that he will wear all winter, I had red fabric to tie around his neck for a tie and we got a cheap hat at the Halloween store. 
For Penelope I got some cheap red sweats from Walmart and a red long sleeve shirt also from Walmart both around $3 each and she can wear both for awhile at least through the winter, her and my headbands are from the Halloween store pretty cheap and we already had the pumpkin bucket from a few years ago I think it was from Walmart for $1-2.

My black leggings are my regular maternity ones, I didn't have time to go find some red anything that actually fit my pregnant self haha, the red sweatshirt is the same as Aaron's $8 from Target. The Thing 1,2,3,4 patches came in a pack of 9 actually from Party City for $5. 
All I did for my sweatshirt and Penelope's shirt was tack them on with a couple stitches and that way I can easily take them off to use the clothes this winter.  
This year Penelope was the only one who carved her pumpkin (with help from daddy) at the Moms group pumpkin carving night. Me and Aaron painted ours and I painted the little pumpkins with the twins first initials and even drew a little dog face on the smallest one for our doggie Charlie. Hope your Halloween was as fun as ours was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment