Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Pregnancy and Friends

Hello my wonderful readers! I am 25 years old and expecting my first child with my husband of 10 months, just in case you this is the first post your reading of my blog. Ever since I got pregnant and told my friends, some have been supportive and some have said they are being supportive when they come across as being rude about pregnancy. The friends that are being supportive, majority are married with children. The friends that just say they are being supportive are married or single but do not have any children. Those people that are saying they are supportive have been joking that pregnancy is a disease and sending me pictures of alcohol saying "cheers!". I believe that all children are a gift from God, not anything close to a disease! I'm sorry if you reading this turns you off to my blog but that is how I feel about it and it has really hurt me to hear those things from people that call themselves my friends. I pray everyday that God gives me the strength to not lose it, in all my pregnancy hormones, with them.  It is hurtful to pretty much say I have a disease. I am starting to just say if you can't support me in this wonderful step in my life than you don't deserve to even be in my life at all. I believe friends should be supportive of you especially in the big milestones in your life. I did confront one friend about this "disease" comment and was told that people joke because women are pressured to get married and have children at our age. I don't believe that honestly, I was not pressured to get married, I WANTED to. I was not pressured at all to have children, I WANTED to have one. Women our age are not really pressured, I believe, at this age to do either, they are actually getting married and having children later in life, at least the planned pregnancies. As for the sending me pictures of alcohol and saying "cheers!", I think it is rude and not being a very thoughtful friend, I would never send a pregnant friend a picture of alcohol, pretty much rubbing it in their face. I just find it rude in general. Thank you my wonderful readers for listening to my rant in a way but really just how I feel on the topic and how others feel. Loves. 

2 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best:)
    Love your blog btw:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Antonella for your comment it was amazing to think at least one person reads my blog :-) your awesome!!!

      Delete