Thursday, November 27, 2014

Bouncing Baby #25 - First Month

Hello my wonderful readers! Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you have loved this series as much as I have loved writing it about preparing and eventually introducing you to our wonderful bundle of joy, Penelope. She is now a month old today actually as you read this, which it seems like this month has flown by super fast! We have definitely had a heck of a time adjusting to a newborn's sleep schedule. My husband and I are exhausted still and can't seem to catch up on sleep but we love our little bundle of growing joy.
On another note, I was planning on breastfeeding for the first six months and I actually have gotten an infection and had to take antibiotics. I have been pumping what I can but it isn't enough for her to eat and be full so we have gone to formula. It has been so hard for me to give her formula because I was so set on breastfeeding her and everything I had read said that was the best for her over formula. So when she wasn't getting enough to eat and I had to give her formula, I had a break down because I was upset I couldn't give her what she needed and what my body was made to give her. But with my husband and mother's support I have gotten ok with the fact of feeding her formula and that she will have everything she needs with formula and what breast milk I can give her.
She has her good nights and bad nights. Some nights she screams all night and won't go to sleep ever and some nights she sleeps at 4 hours at a time, which is amazing. We take turns on taking care of her at night, my husband is a wonderful father. He has amazed me so much with taking care of Penelope and the love he gives her. 
It has been a big change of life having her and I don't think anyone can ever prepare for this change of life with all the classes and books and unwanted advice. We struggle to have time for the two of us but when we do have time together its very special now. 
I know this is kind of a mix of thoughts and I hope to get back on posting to the blog with more posts that make sense haha. We are getting better at things with us and the baby everyday and hope to that it continues on that path. Loves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment