Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Bouncing Baby #16 - Weeks 33 & 34

Hello my wonderful readers! Week 33 is starting out with another Moms group at church and taking a Newborn Care class at the hospital. Also this week ends with our preparing for childbirth class. The Newborn Care class was so informative of how to care for baby when we get home, what is normal for the amount of diapers she should have, how to clean her umbilical cord stump until it falls off, just awesome information that I actually had not heard yet. In the class we practice changing a diaper and swaddling a baby doll, well when we got home my husband of course had to practice his swaddle on the dog haha, it was a priceless sight. The week ended with same symptoms, just fatigue and my back pain off and on. No specific cravings except mushrooms and cinnamon rolls one day which husband brought home both for me. :-) We ended the weekend with taking the all day Preparing for Childbirth class. This class was also very informative with how to deal with pain during labor and what exactly is going to happen when it is time. We got to try positions that we can labor in that will be good for back labor and also just regular labor to reduce the pain or help just get through it. I have chosen to take the unmedicated route for childbirth so these exercises that can be done with a hospital bed, chair or birth ball will be put to use. My husband, I think, learned a lot and is ready to support me in doing most of the exercises. Also this week we received a few other big baby items, a changing pad and our stroller/carseat combo. We are excited to get that in the car after our first shower is over.
Below is my husband swaddling the baby doll in newborn care class, then him later at home swaddling our fur baby, Charlie haha.
Week 34 started out just ok. My mother in law came to have dinner with us which was nice. The next day was another Moms group at church and we planted cute little plants to go with our theme of Bloom for the session. I picked a cactus because I kill every other plant that comes in my house for some reason, so I thought this one had the best chance. The week ended with our first baby shower, which is my side of the family and friends, thrown by my mom at her house. (post to come soon)
 Above is me at 34 weeks, getting rounder and bigger everyday it seems like. Below is my little cactus from Moms group that I can hopefully keep alive. :-)
Hope you enjoyed this past two weeks, we are only 6 weeks away now ( I think its only 5 because I think she will come early). Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment