Friday, September 19, 2014

Bouncing Baby Extra Post - Stocking Up

Hello my fabulous readers! Thought I would do an extra post having to do with baby preparation. I have read many things saying you should stock up on certain things that you know you use a lot, before baby comes, that way you won't have to worry about going to the store if you run out or sending your husband to the store and praying he comes back with the right thing haha. So I am going to share with you the list of stuff I have been stocking up on or just making sure we have plenty of already. We couldn't stock up too much on stuff since we do live in a one bedroom apartment.
These are the items we have plenty of or we stocked up on this past couple weeks. 
laundry soap - we use Target brand free and clear
baby laundry soap - Target brand baby gentle soap
dryer sheets - actually got some Gain ones at the .99 Store
dish soap - went for the regular Target brand biggest one 
sponges for the sink - .99 Store 
hand soap - Target brand with the Cartwheel app coupon 
tums - Target brand 
prenatal vitamins - Target brand
contact solution - also I have plenty of replacement contacts still
deodorant - bought a two pack this time instead of just one like I normally do
toothpaste - we have plenty 
sanitary pads - besides the huge ones I bought for right after labor, I got a supply from my mom who no longer needs them but had a bunch; good to stock up on yourself so your hubby doesn't have to go figure out the universe forever in the awkward aisle of the store haha. 
tucks wipes - CVS brand, had a coupon for a big thing of them awhile back 
face wipes/wash - actually got a bunch of small packs (fit in the hospital bag) at the .99 Store of wipes and have plenty of wash
kleenex - had a coupon on my Target Cartwheel app for a 4 pack of the bigger boxes 
freezer meals - I have two serving meals in the freezer right now, 2 nights of lasagna and 2 nights of pasta bakes ready to go, I'm sure we will stock up on more and frozen pizza when it gets closer
napkins - always get them at the .99 Store
dog treats - had another Cartwheel Target app coupon for our fur baby's favorite treats so I got a couple bags
dog bags - .99 Store sells 100 for .99 so I got 2 packs to have all ready for my husband to take Charlie out
shampoo/conditioner - another Cartwheel Target app coupon for the Herbal Essence big shampoo and conditioners so I got one of each 
body wash - I am in the last quarter of the bottle I'm using right now and actually won another bottle of a different scent at a bridal shower this past weekend, so set for awhile now
lotion - I have so many different kinds of lotion I will never run out in my lifetime I'm sure haha

Need to still buy
AA Batteries - we are going to stock up on these at Costco cause the camera uses AA and the remotes and stuff do too, so we want to have plenty at the ready
toilet paper - we will most likely get one big package of the kind we use before the baby comes but this was something if my husband has to go get I know he will do just fine with coming home with the right thing; also this is something that is so bulky we really don't have the space to stock up on it 
paper towels - we just get ours at the .99 Store 
snacks/lunches - since my husband is going to take off work for a week when Penelope is born we are going to have to go for a haul for snacks and lunches right before she is due that way there is plenty of food in the house, this is where I will most likely use my Safeway app for coupons and Savemart add to see sales 
water - we do not like the taste of the water here in Orangevale, so we buy the 2.5 gallon jugs with the spout on them to drink, so we will maybe grab an extra one soon when we go to the store
dog food - we will most likely get the biggest bag we can find and that usually lasts Charlie a couple months, since he is almost out now this will be a soon purchase, we just get it where ever we see it on sale at 
dishwasher liquid - the past few times we have just got the Target brand so we will most likely do that this time also

Stuff that we still need to do 
Wash all baby stuff - after our first baby shower I am going to start washing stuff and putting it away where we want it go, we don't really have a lot of stuff to wash just yet
dog groomed - he is due soon for groom, so we will get him cut pretty short this time so he won't have to go for awhile and also make sure they cut his nails good this time
hair cut for me - I am going to get a shorter hair cut, something I can maintain easily after baby comes
pack hospital bags - I have pretty much almost all the stuff I need for me and for my husband, we have nothing really for baby yet besides a car seat, so this is something we are going to be doing soon, we are also waiting until after our first baby shower to buy anything we need for baby for the hospital
get rest of stuff needed for baby - we are having two showers, so after both showers if there is still stuff needed for baby we will get it then. 

Well I hope enjoyed my organized chaos of a post on stocking up for baby. She is coming soon, I can't believe it! Loves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment