Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wednesday Recipe - Sloppy Joes

Hello my hungry readers. Sorry for the neglect on the blog, I have been trying to organize my wedding presents and decorations and get our life back to normal after the circus of a wedding :-) It was so much fun and there will be a few posts to come about it and the honeymoon. Today I'm doing my tweaked version of a recipe from the Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook that we got for a wedding gift. It was so good! 
Ingredients: 2 1/2 lbs of ground beef, 1 large green bell pepper diced, 1/2 large onion diced, 5 garlic cloves minced, 1 1/2 cups ketchup, 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, 2 teaspoons chili powder (to taste), 1 teaspoon dry mustard (I used wet because that's what I had), 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste), Worcestershire sauce to taste, Tabasco sauce to taste, salt to taste, ground black pepper to taste, 8 rolls or I used 2 sourdough slices and had some left overs.    
Directions:
You start by browning the ground beef and draining off the fat when it is done all the way through
Add the green bell pepper and onion
Add the garlic
Add the ketchup
Stir that all up really good
In the cook book she says to now add a cup of water, when I made it I had about half of the amount of ground beef so the whole cup of water made it watery so if you only have half the amount I would either add only 1/2 cup of water or none at all
Make sure everything is combined good
Add the brown sugar, chili powder, mustard, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, salt and pepper (all to how you want it to taste)
Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
Then serve it up on some toasted bread of your choice, I did sourdough because that is what Aaron likes 





 Best cookbook ever, right now!!!!!

I served ours with come chilled peaches and some Dr. Pepper. :-) Hope you enjoy this! Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment