Wednesday, March 8, 2017

What was in my Hospital Bag - That I Used!

Hello my wonderful readers. So I know this is a post that should have been done awhile ago but I have 3 kids 2 and under so I hope you can give me some grace :-). I wanted to tell you what I packed in my hospital bag. This time around, as opposed to my first pregnancy, I brought only what I thought I would truly need and I ended up using pretty much everything since we were at the hospital for a week. 

  • Toiletries: hair brush, comb, hair ties, hair spray, toothbrush and paste, contacts and solution, glasses, shampoo and body wash, deodorant, tissues, q-tips, lotion, band-aids (Aaron used), Tylenol (Aaron used), prenatal vitamins
  • 2 drawstring sweats (I had a c-section so with drawstring pants you can make the waist pretty big to pull up farther past the incision)
  • 2 pairs socks with the rubber dots on the bottom (I hate the hospital socks)
  • slippers with rubber souls (I wore these all over the hospital)
  • 3 nursing tanks (I was able to wear the same one really until my milk came in around day 3 or 4 then I was leaking so much I went through a couple)\
  • 1 button up flannel shirt (wore over nursing tank as going home outfit)
  • ROBE (same robe I took with my first pregnancy and I can't stress enough this is the #1 item to have)
  • sweater- cardigan for easy nursing that could just go over a tank
  • nursing pads - my hospital didn't provide these and I was there so long my milk did come in and I really needed them, Aaron had to go home and get more because I didn't bring enough
  • nursing pillow - I have a my breast friend and it was wonderful to have in the hospital when my incision was still fresh 
  • pillow- nothing like your own pillow from home to sleep on, make sure you put a dark or patterned pillow case on it so it doesn't get mixed up with the white hospital ones
  • manila envelope - having this envelope was a must this time because with my first I remember having so much paperwork given to us that it all got messed up from just being shoved in my bag, this time we had a lot more paperwork since there was 3 of us admitted technically so it stayed all nice and in one place
  • Babies
  • Going home outfits - I decided not to do a full outfit this time around so we picked out some really cute sleepers for them to wear home so it was just eaiser overall, plus a hat of course 
  • burp cloths- the hospital just gives you paper towels so I wanted something softer to wipe Juliet's mouth on 
  • baby wipes- our hospital does not provide baby wipes they provide paper towels that you wet to wipe the baby's bottom, I think that is too rough so I brought a lot of baby wipes
  • blankets- they each had a blanket I made for them to put over them in the car seat on the ride home
  • extra outfits for Juliet- because we were in the hospital so long (see my birth story when it gets put up) Aaron had to go home and bring back a couple sleepers for Juliet to wear since they only give you one blanket and one little shirt for your baby

Hope this helps someone pack only what they need for the hospital. Lots of love your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment