Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Being a SAHM of 3 - 2 and under

Hello my wonderful readers. So I didn't know how or what I would write on this post but I wanted to do a post about my postpartum journey since I had the twins. My birth story will post next week so keep a look out for that but just to get you up to speed I had a c-section. I thought I recovered quite well from the actual c-section itself with getting up and getting moving as soon as I was able to and in the hospital for a week getting up frequently from the bed to the chair helped a lot. I did bleed however from the time they were born to about the 2 month mark because I went through the postpartum bleeding then stopped breastfeeding so my cycle came back as well right after the postpartum started to let up. Emotionally I have had an ok time. I am really tired with two newborns and a toddler so that makes you irritable and also makes your partner irritable because they aren't sleeping either. I wasn't as hard on myself this time around with not getting to breastfeed that long because I knew for a fact it was better for the twins to have formula because they weren't getting enough with breast milk. They actually went right up to a healthy weight about a week after being on formula when before they weren't gaining much weight at all. I was being drained of energy and as soon as they were done eating I would pump and clean everything up and it would be time to feed again, I was getting zero rest in between which wore me down big time physically and emotionally. I am still a little emotional with some things when it hits me the wrong way or something because of the hormones which is normal but annoying. Weight wise (which doesn't matter as much) I got down to the weight I was before I had my toddler which was awesome and I felt good about my body but slowly am starting to pick at it again and I think that is just insecurity in general. My goal this postpartum compared to my last is to feel good with my body inside and out, emotionally, physically and spiritually and also be good with Aaron. When we had Penelope our marriage changed big time and we fought a lot at first because as new parents a baby is very strenuous on your marriage, this time around I feel like we have been more of a team which is wonderful. We are coming out of that newborn stage so things are getting a little easier thank the Lord! I think just getting on a routine is helping things out a lot. Hope this postpartum honestly is what you wanted to hear this week! Love to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment