Thursday, April 21, 2016

Packing for a Toddler

Hello my wonderful readers. Today I am going to share with you what I packed for Penelope for a road trip we are on for 3 days/2 nights. We took an eight hour car ride to go to a wedding in Southern California. I started about a couple weeks ago making a list of what we needed to take for her and what needed to go in the car. We have never gone this far with her in the car so it will be quite the experience.
I started out with the portable DVD player we have for her with the charger and multiple movies and shows she enjoys. Miss P is not the best car rider so the DVD player is really all that keeps her from screaming for hours.
 I also packed plenty of the snacks she likes and water for the car ride.
Also for the car and the whole trip she has a little backpack with her toys and books, I went with simple toys that were easy to clean up and small books that she can handle.
I also packed a different kind of diaper bag than normal. I have a changing pad which I don't really carry anymore with disposable changing pads as well, baby powder, hand sanitizer, trash bags, a wet bag, first aid kit with neosporin, bandaids and antiseptic wipes, sun hat, extra change of clothes, sippy cup leash, sunblock for all, bubbles for a stop if needed, an extra be light in a medium set piece, a few snacks, spoon, bib, dining mat, wipes, receiving blanket, burp cloth and the Ergo carrier because we aren't bringing the stroller. 
First thing I packed in her regular bag is her first aid kit I always take with us when we are traveling anywhere overnight. Tylenol with a syringe is good for teething (which we are going through) and also if a fever happens, which leads me to a thermometer. Next is teething tablets I try to give her instead of Tylenol for pain. Gas drops is next on the list because she gets tummy aches when she travels and they help her a lot. Boogie wipes are a must in case of boogies haha. I also carry neosporin, antiseptic wipes and bandaids in the diaper bag normally. Also finger nail clippers and diaper rash cream. 
Next thing is her clothes. She will need pajamas. She will also need three outfits, including one for the wedding, and I always pack one extra just in case of blow outs or throw up. Socks and shoes to match along with any hair clips and a brush. A swimsuit if its warm enough.
Next would be all her extra things. We have baby wash, wash cloths, towel, bath toys and lotion for after bath and Toothbrush and toothpaste. 
Not pictured is her nightlight, her favorite blanket, her lovie, the cart/high chair cover and the pack n play for her to sleep in while we are there.
Well that is everything! There is so much stuff you have to bring for a toddler when you are going somewhere for more than a couple hours. Hope you enjoyed a look into Penelope's suitcase. Lots of love to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment