Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Mama's View of 16 Months Postpartum

Hello my wonderful readers. Sorry that this post is a few days, ok like almost a week and a half late, we have had a sick toddler in our house and have not been sleeping at all pretty much so I have not been able to get much done. I have been wanting to do a post about how I feel 16 months postpartum. It's been a hard thing to get going on and is a hard thing to write because it has a been a long but quick journey if that makes any sense. I cannot believe my baby is about to be 16 months old this week but when I think of it in postpartum terms it seems like a long time. Some days are longer than others and some go by so quick it seems like I can't get everything done in time. I am a stay at home mom, my husband and I chose this together because we believe it would be best all around for us at this time. 
With being a stay at home new mom comes emotions of loneliness here and there. I have mommy friends but my daughter is pretty much on the younger side so I believe this keeps us from being invited to some playdates and such events. Also right before P was born we moved 2 hours away from everyone we knew so I don't even have my pre-baby friends to hang out with and our friends here have all known each other for awhile so we sometimes feel like we don't fit. Add hormones to all that and you get a pretty depressed person at times. I think that I had postpartum depression for a little while around the 10-11 month mark or so but I think that I am almost out of that completely. I have the Lord and my husband to thank for that for sure. 
Weight wise at first I lost all my baby weight, which I didn't really gain much because the doctor said not to gain any. I have gained some weight back over time which I am not ashamed of, that's life and if anyone tells you different they are lieing! I walk with a stroller walking group once a week and have been trying to eat a little better here and there. I honestly want to feel good about how I look and feel. I think that is more important than what the scale says honestly. I am hating the way any and all moms are being body shamed by people for their bodies changing (more about that someday in another post). I am partly there I think to feeling good about myself.
Emotionally I am worn out with P growing up so fast. Right before I wrote this I scheduled her 18 month appointment, CRAZY!!! I feel like we just celebrated 6 months and her 1st birthday. I am ready to have another one I think but as a family we need to sort that out before that becomes a reality. 
I will be posting an 18 month update of me and P when the time comes around and you can see how much she has really grown. We are coming up on our first real road trip with her in the next couple months so that will be emotional as a family, pray for us. Hope your day is going fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment