Thursday, May 21, 2015

Women's Retreat 2015

Hello my wonderful readers. At the beginning of this month I went on a women's retreat with my church, mostly the group of women from mom's group. It was the first time I left Penelope overnight, I was really worried about her all weekend. Now I am totally NOT saying my husband couldn't handle it because he did an amazing job. When I left on Friday afternoon she had a slight fever, so i went back and forth on whether I should even leave or not, Aaron took her to the ER on Friday night because her fever had gone up and every time we gave her Tylenol she would spit it up, so nothing was getting in her system to help. I did not have cell phone service where I was but I could get Wi-Fi in certain spots so I did facetime him Saturday morning and found out. I felt like a really bad mother at that point for leaving and wanted to just sit and cry. The woman that had brought me up there offered to bring me home, but I knew if I left I would regret it. I stayed and had a wonderful, God filled weekend and made relationships with women from church of all ages, which is what I was wanting so bad since moving to the area. 
The place we went to is in Challenge, CA it's called Woodleaf. It was extremely beautiful and anyone who goes there cannot say God doesn't exist because it's amazing. The theme this year was "What's your story?", and there were some women who gave their amazing stories. The praise leader was awesome, brought me to tears multiple times. 





When I got home Sunday afternoon Penelope's fever was completely gone and she just had a small runny nose and was happy to see me. 

I missed her so much and worried about her but getting away was what I needed because I haven't been without her for more than two hours at a time since she was born 6 months ago. I love her and my amazing husband so much. Loves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment