Friday, July 22, 2016

My Feelings on Having Twins

Hello my wonderful readers. It has taken me awhile to get up the courage to voice my feelings about having twins. We had our first ultrasound at 8 weeks and there was one baby and we were so excited to have another and started to get stuff together. At my 13 weeks appointment the doctor couldn't hear the heartbeat with the doppler, which scared me, so she had to get the ultrasound and there on the screen was two little people moving around.
I went from scared because they couldn't hear the heartbeat thinking something was wrong with our baby to being scared because what kind of mom can I be to twins AND a toddler.
Penelope will be 2 by the time the twins come so I am scared that she will feel like she is being pushed aside for the two new babies, I don't want her to ever feel like we don't love her or they are more important.
I'm afraid they will come too early and have to spend a lot of time in the NICU. I'm afraid of being discharged from the hospital and they have to stay for some reason.
I know it is going to be hard, having a child in general is not easy, but I'm afraid that this time is going to be twice as hard before we even get to come home with them.
I'm praying by the time we come home with them, everything will be ready to go and Penelope will be in her toddler bed already settled.
I feel like even now we are not prepared with just the stuff we need and it makes me nervous because I am so type A.
One thing that is fun is looking at the gender neutral clothes, which stores don't have a lot of I am realizing, but we figure onesies can be shared if gender neutral and they are the same size.
Another fun thing is Pinterest, so many cute things on there for twins.
We do not know just yet what we are having so everything is cute.
It pretty much comes down to we are really excited to have these TWO blessings come into our lives but I am scared as well about the future and what it holds for me and them and us as a family. 
We will just have to see what happens! With love!

No comments:

Post a Comment