Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wednesday Recipe - Mama's Chicken Enchiladas

Hello my hungry, hungry readers! Today I am sharing my version of my mama's enchiladas. Growing up my dad always did the cooking but my mom would make her enchiladas every once in awhile and they were like a treat we would look forward to all day and everyone would be home for dinner magically that night haha. Because it is a homemade recipe I don't really have exact measurements, its really whatever we want more of the day I'm making it or whatever we have most of, its by taste.
Ingredients: tortillas, boneless, skinless chicken breasts (boiled and shredded), refried beans, green chilies, enchilada sauce, shredded cheese
     
Directions:
1. boil the chicken and shred it all up
2. preheat the oven to 350 degrees
3. in a baking dish put some of the enchilada sauce, enough to cover the bottom
4. take a tortilla, put some refried beans, shredded chicken, green chilies, a little enchilada sauce and cheese
     
5. roll up and place in dish
     
6. do as many as your dish will hold
7. pour enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas so they are all completely covered (if they are not all covered they will burn)
8. cover the whole thing with cheese 
9. bake for 30 minutes
 Hope you enjoyed this recipe from my mama's home. Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment